Skilling Australia's Future!
To provide increased opportunities for the unemployed with particular emphasis on youth and the disabled.
To relieve poverty, distress, misfortune, destitution and helplessness occasioned by unemployment.
- Safety first
- Forthright and honest in our dealings
- Innovative, flexible and resourceful with solutions
- Outcomes oriented – We deliver with passion
- Market driven – We listen to our clients
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Smart Employment Solutions began in 1984 with a vision to relieve poverty, distress, misfortune, destitution and helplessness occasioned by unemployment.
- In business for over thirty-five years – in that time we have placed more than 30,000 graduates in the workforce, with 97% continuing with full time employment.
- In 1996 we forged a 5-year agreement with Griffith University for a joint initiative in training highly skilled graduates for the burgeoning Hospitality industry.
- That same year, we linked with Conrad Jupiters Casino and the Professional Chefs Association in launching a “Kids in the Kitchen” campaign to encourage young people to seriously consider a career in the fast-growing Tourism industry.
- In 2005, in conjunction with Rotary International, we built demountable housing for shipment to the Solomon Islands and sent our apprentices to teach the local people the skills required to enable them to erect the houses and maintain them
- We also donated demountable and extendible houses to Vanuatu to help with their slum housing problem.
- In 2005 Smart Apprenticeship Solutions was the employer of the Master Builders Australian Apprentice of the Year.
- In 2005 we provided Community Scholarships to the value of $200,000 for vocational education and training.
- In 2005 the Australian Government announced four successful organisations to manage the delivery of New Apprenticeships throughout Australia. We were the ONLY private company in the list.
- In 2006 we were one of the few successful companies nationally to win an Australian Government contract to deliver the Youth Pathway Programs.
- 2008 saw Todd McNeill, an apprentice Carpenter who completed his full 4 years of training with Smart Employment Solutions, awarded Gold Coast Master Builders Apprentice of the Year.
- In this period, our previous Registered Training Organisation (RTO), named The Australian Institute of Technology, supported over 1,200 apprentices and trainees who were enrolled in nationally accredited qualifications.
- We established a new Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in 2010 – The Australian Academy of Business, training in all facets of Business Administration and Finance.
- In 2010 one of our Automotive apprentices won the Ford Apprentice of the Year
- Smart Apprenticeship Solutions (formerly known as Smart Employment Solutions) has won the Gold Coast Master Builders award for Apprentice Employer of the Year six times.
- Smart Apprenticeship Solutions apprentices have won the award for the Master Builders Gold Coast Apprentice of the Year six times.
- We have won grants and government contracts over the past thirty years of almost $5 million in recurrent funding from the Queensland Government
- We have received over $14 million in commencement grants for 15,000 apprentices and trainees.
- We have earned over $6 Million in transition training for apprentices and trainees from Certificate 2 to Certificate 3
- We received $1,500,000 Federal funds contribution to help establish a skills centre at Nerang.
- We have won over $12 million in contracts for the delivery of training.
- We have been listed as a benchmark in the training industry for our innovative training methodology that saw us take 16 young “recalcitrant” students and through live work training, teach them the skills that enabled them to build a 2 storey, 4-bedroom home that was then sold on the open market.
- We have been awarded Employer of the Year status by the Queensland State Government for our consistent achievements.
- We have partnered with one of the largest property developers in the region to construct over 20 homes as part of an accelerated skills training venture. This was the first-time private enterprise had entrusted a training organisation and its students to perform on a real time, real cost basis. It was an outstanding success and paved the way for what would become known as “on-the-job training”, which is now the standard.
- Our commitment to good corporate citizenship is evidenced by the number of charities and community groups we have assisted in a practical sense through the construction of homes and administration centres for the Endeavour Foundation and Rosie’s Mission for Youth – a group focused on the plight of street kids.
- In 2023, Smart Employment Solutions changed our name to Smart Apprenticeship Solutions and became a part of The BUSY Group, aligning with this similarly valued, national organisation that delivers skills, education and employment solutions.