Traineeship - an exciting career path
Entering a traineeship is an exciting career pathway choice with the opportunity to build your skills and earn great money! You can start work and get paid in your chosen field immediately – you don’t have to wait to get qualified.
If you want a satisfying, secure career, in an industry of your choice – and with the chance to make some serious money to get what you want sooner – we are ready to help.
Smart Apprenticeship Solutions have been around since 1984 and have trained and placed more than 30,000 young people in the workforce. Our friendly, experienced staff can help you to make the right choices – even while you are still at school, through our school-based apprenticeships or traineeships.
Who we are
Smart Apprenticeship Solutions is a not-for-profit, registered charity that has been successfully managing the careers of South East Queensland apprentices for over 40 years. We have helped over 30,000 apprentices and trainees to get into their chosen careers.
We provide the training and on-the-job skills for you to get a nationally recognised qualification, setting you up with a career for life.
What We Do
We employ you and place you with Host Employers who are qualified tradespeople to get you on the job training and experience. This means if something happens to your Host Employer, you are still an trainee, still have a job and we find you a new Host Employer.
The Host Employers are carefully selected to make sure they are suitable for a trainee; they must be:
- Have registered, experienced tradespeople for you to work with and learn from
- Have the ability and intention to provide you with on-going training, ideally for the length of your traineeship
How it Works
We assign you a dedicated Employment Officer to report to. Your Employment Officer will:
- Set you up with tools and PPE
- Manage your bookings with the training organisation
- Keep in regular contact with you
- Monitor your progress
Smart Apprenticeship Solutions is your employer and pays your wages. You report daily on-site to your Host Employer and your Host Employer trains you with on-the-job experience.
Smart Apprenticeship Solutions is a not-for-profit, registered Charity. Our mission is to provide training and education opportunities for young people through apprenticeships and traineeships.
- This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply a broad range of administrative competencies in varied work contexts, using some discretion and judgement. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
- Carry out administrative, reception, client assistance, customer service and complaints handling processes plus information handling and processing tasks
- Involvement in activities such as mail handling/distribution, accounts payable/receivable, creation of documents and spread sheets, electronic presentations, storage and retrieving of electronic information,document and records management.
- Use office equipment and implements including computers, photocopier, filing systems, binding stapling and fastening machines, communications/phone systems.
- Workplace housekeeping tasks
- Drive vehicles (licensed users only)
- Follow established policies and procedures for Protective Personal Apparel (PPE) use and the use or non use of devices such as mobile phone in workplace and training environments.
- Follow appropriate manual handling techniques for manual tasks including lifting and moving items.
- Complete appropriate documentation and recording information on computerised programs.
- Carry out theory and practical assessment tasks in a workplace situation/training centre.
- Follow written and verbal instructions in workplace and training centre environments.
- Communicate and interact with others in workplace and training centre environments, may include customer interaction.
- Read and interpret various types of training manuals, hardware and software instruction manuals, procedures and policies.
- computer numeric machine (cnc) processes
- foundry processes and automatic moulding equipment and furnace operations
- stationary and mobile plant and packaging machines and other production areas.
What happens in a Traineeship
In a traineeship, you are paid to learn and become qualified – setting you up with a career for life. You work and learn from qualified and experienced people and do a training course to build on your on-the-job training.
To sign up and do a traineeship, you will:
- Sign a Training Agreement that can be 1 or 3 years long, depending on the trade.
- Complete a training course that’s working through content booklets, or at the training college 1 day a week or in blocks of weeks over the 3 years.
We also do school-based traineeships so you can get a head start on your career while still at school!
How it Works
We work with you to help you choose the right career and trade.
We employ you and pay you an attractive, industry approved wage.
You start your career with one of our reputable Host Employers on our payroll.
To ensure you get the best range of training, you will probably work under several different Host Employers through out your Apprenticeship.
You gain you a nationally recognised qualification earned through doing the training and learning on-the-job skills.